9th Corner Construction and its affiliates (collectively, “9th Corner”, “we”, “our” or “us”) are engaged inter alia in the business of interior design and décor services, more fully described in our Terms and Conditions, available at https://www.9thcornerconstruction.com (“Terms”). This Policy outlines our practices in relation to the collection, storage, usage, processing, and disclosure of personal data that you have chosen to share with us when you access, use, or otherwise interact with our website available at www.9thcornerconstruction.com, avail products or services that9th Corner Construction offers you on or though the Platform, or partner with us to provide customers with these services (collectively, the “Services”).
At 9th Corner Construction, we are committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal data. In order to provide you with access to the Services, we have to collect and otherwise process certain data about you. This Policy explains how we process and use personal data about you.
By using the Services, you confirm that you have read and agree to be bound by this Policy and consent to the process activities described under this Policy.
Please refer to Section 1 to understand how the terms of this Policy apply to you.
1. BACKGROUND AND KEY INFORMATION
(a) About Us:
The Services are made available to you by 9th Corner Construction. If you have any questions about this Policy, how we process or handle your personal data, or otherwise, you may reach out to us with your queries, grievances, feedback, and comments at email@example.com or contact our grievance officer whose details are provided below.
(b) How this Policy applies:
This Policy applies to individuals who access or use our website, mobile applications, or other products or services made available by us or prospective customers of our products and services (hereafter, “Users”) and service providers who use the Platform to provide their services to Users (“Service Providers”). For the avoidance of doubt, references to “you” across this Policy are to Users and Service Providers.
By using the Services, you consent to the collection, storage, usage, and disclosure of your personal data, as described in and collected by us in accordance with this Policy.
(c) Third-Party Links:
2. PERSONAL DATA THAT WE COLLECT
(a) When you use the Services as a User, we collect different types of personal data about you. This includes but is not limited to:
Contact Data, such as your mailing or home address, location, email addresses, and mobile numbers.
Identity and Profile Data, such as your name, username or similar identifiers, photographs, details about your family members, their age and profession, credit information, gender, language, interests, and hobbies.
Property and Home Data, such as the name of your property, type of property, size of property, preferred furniture and colour schemes for your home, details about the rooms in your home, the number of homes you own, and whether your home is owned or rented by you.
Marketing and Communications Data, such as your address, email address, information posted in service requests, offers, wants, feedback, comments, quizzes, pictures and discussions in our blog and chat boxes, responses to user surveys and polls, your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties, and your communication preferences. We also collect your chat and call records when you communicate with Service Providers through the Platform.
Technical Data, which includes your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, details of operating system, access time, page views, device ID, device type, frequency of visiting our website and use of the Platform, website and mobile application activity, clicks, date and time stamps, location data, and other technology on the devices that you use to access the Platform.
Transaction Data, such as details of the Services you have availed, your credit or debit card details for tracking transactions that are provided to us by payment processors, and UPI IDs for processing payments.
Usage Data, which includes information about how you use the Services, your activity on the Platform, booking history, user taps and clicks, user interests, time spent on the Platform, details about user journey on the mobile application, and page views.
(b) When you use the Services as Service Provider, we collect different types of personal data about you. This includes but is not limited to:
Contact Data, such as email addresses, phone numbers, and permanent address.
Identity and Profile-related Data, such as your name, mobile number, gender, date of birth, age, address, zip code, description of services provided, content and information about your business including photographs and videos, work experience, credit or debit card details, government-issued identifiers (Aadhaar details, PAN details), verification reports, credit information, cancelled cheque, GST details, tax residency certificate, information from testimonials, polls, surveys, and feedbacks.
Technical Data, which includes your IP address, internet service provider, device ID, device type, domain name, details of operating system, browser type, date and time stamp of accessing the Platform, device metadata, location data, and mobile applications used by you.
Marketing and Communications Data, such as feedback, comments, quizzes, pictures and discussions in our blog and chat boxes, responses to user surveys and polls, your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties, and your communication preferences. We also collect your chat and call records when you communicate with Users through the Platform.
Usage Data, which includes call logs, mobile application usage and activity data, call and chat records with customers and end-users, and email usage.
(c) We also collect, use, and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data could be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data under law as it does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. However, if we combine or connect aggregated data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this Policy.
(d) What happens if I refuse to provide my personal data?
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract (such as the Terms), and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to provide you with the Services). In this case, we may have to cancel or limit your access to the Services, but we will, where reasonably practical, notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
We use different methods to collect personal data from and about you including through:
Direct Interactions. You provide us your personal data when you interact with us. This includes personal data you provide when you, for example:
- create an account or profile with us at the time of registration;
- use the Platform or the Services;
- enter a promotion, user poll, or online surveys;
- request marketing communications to be sent to you; or
- report a problem with the Platform and/or our Services, give us feedback, contact us, or provide testimonials.
Automated technologies or interactions. We automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns each time you use the Platform. We collect this personal data by using cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, server logs, and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites that employ our cookies.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties, including, without limitation:
- Technical Data from analytics providers such as Facebook, and advertising networks;
- Our business partners through which you create or access the Platform, such as payment providers, social media services, or applications or websites who use our APIs or whose API we use;
- Background verifiers;
- Credit information from credit bureaus (to the extent permitted by law);
- Identity and profile-related data from publicly available sources; and
- Marketing service providers.
4. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
(a) We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly, we will use your personal data where we need to provide the Services, or where we need to comply with a legal obligation. We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity, and create your user account with us on the Platform at the time of registration;
- to provide the Services to you including processing your order and providing you with end-to-end interior design and execution services;
- if you are a Service Provider, to assess the performance of your services rendered to Users;
- to monitor your activities on the Platform;
- to monitor trends and personalise your experience;
- to improve the functionality of our Services based on the information and feedback we receive from you;
- for product development and testing;
- to improve customer service to effectively respond to Users’ Service requests, grievances, and support needs;
- to develop new product features and also facilitate financial solutions and insurance that our connected to our Services
- to track transactions and process payments;
- to send periodic notifications to manage our relationship with you including to notify you of changes to our Services, and to receive occasional company news and updates related to us or the Services;
- to assist with the management of the Services offered to you, including to send you information and updates about the Services you have availed;
- to administer and protect our business and the Platform, including for troubleshooting, data analysis, system testing, and performing internal operations;
- to improve our business and delivery models;
- to perform our obligations that arise out of the arrangement we are about to enter or have entered with you;
- to enforce our Terms;
- to market our Services to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations; and
- to respond to court orders, establish or exercise our legal rights, or defend ourselves against legal claims.
(b) You agree and acknowledge that by using our Services or accessing the Platform, you authorise us, our associate partners, affiliates, and end-users, customers, and partners to contact you via email, phone, or otherwise. This is to enable us to provide the Services, provide you with marketing material, and ensure that you are aware of all the features of the Services.
(c) You agree and acknowledge that any and all information pertaining to you, whether or not you directly provide it to us (via the Services or otherwise), including but not limited to personal correspondence such as emails, instructions from you, etc., may be collected, compiled, and shared by us in order to render the Services to you. This may include but not be limited to vendors, social media companies, third-party service providers, storage providers, data analytics providers, consultants, lawyers, and auditors. We may also share this information with other entities in the 9th Corner Construction in connection with the above-mentioned purposes.
(d) You agree and acknowledge that we may share data without your consent, when it is required by law or by any court or government agency or authority to disclose such information. Such disclosures are made in good faith and belief that it is reasonably necessary to do so for enforcing this Policy or the Terms, or in order to comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
6. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
(a) We may share your personal data with third parties set out below for the purposes set out in Section 4:
(i) Internal third parties, which are other companies within the Livspace group of companies.
(ii) External third parties such as:
- trusted third parties such as our associate partners, and service providers that provide services for us or on our behalf. This includes hosting and operating our Platform, providing marketing assistance, conducting our business, processing payments and transaction-related processes, transmitting content, conducting credit-assessment risks for short term credits availed by you from us, processing your insurance-related claims, and to enable us to provide the Services to our end-users or customers;
- If you are a User, Service Providers to enable them to provide specific services to you;
- If you are a Service Provider, Users who seek to use the services you choose to offer through the Platform;
- regulators and other bodies, as required by law or regulation.
(b) We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
7. ACCESS AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You hereby warrant that all personal data that you provide us with is accurate, up-to-date, and true. When you use our Services, we make best efforts to provide you with the ability to access and correct inaccurate or deficient data, subject to any legal requirements.
8. TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
(a) We comply with applicable laws in respect of storage and transfers of personal data. As a part of your use of the Services, the information and personal data you provide to us may be transferred to and stored in countries other than the country you are based in. This may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country other than the one you are based, or one of our service providers is located in a country other than one you are based in.
(b) By submitting your information and personal data to us, you agree to the transfer, storage, and processing of such information and personal data in the manner described above.
9. DATA SECURITY
We implement appropriate security measures to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, and follow standards prescribed by applicable law.
10. DATA RETENTION
(a) You agree and acknowledge that your personal data will continue to be stored and retained by us for as long as necessary to fulfil our stated purpose(s) and for a reasonable period after the termination of your account on the Platform or access to the Services to comply with our legal rights and obligations.
(b) In some circumstances, we may aggregate your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
You are aware that in the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another organisation, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personal data might be among the assets transferred.
12.UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
(a) We regularly review and may occasionally update our Policy. If we make changes to this Policy, we will notify you of the changes through the Platform or through other means, such as email. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
(b) It is also important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
(c) To the extent permitted under applicable law, by accessing our Platform or Services after such notice, you consent to updates made to this Policy.